Zucchini Chocolate Madeleines (DF, GF, Paleo)
The perfect lunch box treat for the kids or great for afternoon tea. They are delicious, simple to make and taste great!
1/2 cup organic coconut flour
1/2 cup organic cacao powder
1/2 cup organic white spelt
1 tsp baking soda (GF)
1/2 tsp baking power (GF)
1/2 tsp salt
30ml espresso coffee
150ml Organic coconut oil
1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
1 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups vegan dark chop chips
1/2 cup organic cocoa nibs
1. Whisk flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder together
2. In a mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and espresso for 3 mins or until double the volume
3. Add zucchini to dry ingredients & mix
4. Add Choc chips & cocoa nibs
5. Gently fold wet into dry ingredients using a spatula or wooden spoon
6. Spray a madeleine baking tray and fill
7. cook at 210C for 8 mins, then turn turn to 160C
8. cook until wooden skewer comes out clean.
Serve warm or cool – store in airtight container or freeze.
Also yummy served warm with coconut yogurt or cream for dessert.